Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Peacock Affect

When it comes to clothes and fashion for men we have certain goals in mind for each scenario.  And these goals are often to look good for the people we are going to be around.  But what happens when we try too hard?  The Peacock affect!
So I hope you’re all familiar with peacocks, the male birds who have elaborate and shiny tale structures meant to attract their mates. Well I enjoy calling the avid wearers of flash art clothing peacocks.  Flash art clothing include any clothes that are marketed to men that have: giant crosses all over them, elaborate oversized stitching, glitter, over branding, glitter, snarky phrases or one liners, jeans with elaborate butt designs, did I mention glitter?  I know I am not the most masculine man in the world, but when the clothing marketed to me says that I should wear glitter on my apparel to stand out immediately raises a flag, and that I should pay upwards of $70 for a “designer” shirt makes it all the worse. 
Now, I know this is becoming a rant, but I feel I should say to each his own.  That being said using money to buy clothes to get a significant other shouldn’t be the goal, working on your personality and improving a wardrobe should be the main goal of any man interested in getting into a real relationship.  Instead of choosing to buy label ridden clothing simplify your clothing instead.  I cant stress enough how big a difference simple clothing and a good personality makes your appeal to people rise. 

So basically: simplify your clothing, work on yourself, spend more money on craft beers rather than glittery shirts! 

Stay fresh, stay awesome!



-Dillon

No comments:

Post a Comment