Friday, June 14, 2013

A Curvy Girl's Summer Outfits: Dresses and Skirts

So, I am a curvier girl. I am not stick skinny by any means. When we got married, I gained quite a bit of weight. I had a hard time trying to process that I did not fit in my size 2 jeans anymore and small shirts. For the longest time I just kept squeezing myself in these outfits from before I gained the weight. Then I would look in the mirror and hate what I saw. So, I did some looking and finally found outfits that suited my body and made me feel confident! So I finally made the effort to dress more to my body type. Not everyone can be blessed to be a size 0. And that is okay! We just have a little more to love if you ask me! =]

So, this is the first summer since my moment of clarity about my size. My birthday was in May, so Dillon took that opportunity to give me a little summer shopping spree. It is so hot here in Tennessee that dresses and skirts, especially ones a thin jersey material, can really feel wonderful in the heat. And you can dress them up or down with your shoes and accessories. This is what I came out with:

From Left: Dress from Forever 21, Scarf from Old Navy/ Dress from Forever 21/ Dress from Forever 21/ Shirt from Target, Vest from Forever 21, Skirt from Target/ Dress from Forever 21.

I learned that I have a large chest (hey nothing wrong with that!), a smaller waist, but a large "tire" or "muffin top"/ or to normal people, hips. My thighs are kinda large but small calves. I am just all around a crazy size! But I found that skater skirts, or dresses cut in the skater style are perfect for my body. It comes in on the spots that are small, and goes out where I don't want some tighter clothing. A flowy shirt paired with a skirt can thin you out and still look cute with that "retro" style. Dresses that cut only a little above the knee are not only flattering, but so comfortable.

I will keep doing these posts, and next week will be shirts and shorts! I love seeing what others wear and getting ideas and such from other girls who are just like me.

Stay beautiful and most of all CONFIDENT!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment